Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What Happened to Rudy?

At the beginning of this whole presidential campaign (which was what, four years ago?!), I supported Rudy Giuliani as the Republican nominee. So what happened to him??? Nada! I am really surprised that he has done so poorly in the primaries. I am from the Northeast, so I understand and forgive a bit of his liberalism, but I wonder if voters in the heartland could overlook his support for abortion, gay rights, and his lack of support for gun rights. So maybe it was wishful thinking on my part that others would also overlook his liberal views on certain issues near and dear to so many conservatives. In my opinion, his record in New York City on crime, cutting taxes, cleaning up the city, and getting rid of the squegee men should have been enough to get him nominated. Not to mention his tough stand against terrorism and support of Bush in fighting Islamo-fascism. But, his campaign has just fizzled. Too bad, I like Rudy, but I guess he just does not come across to conservatives outside the Northeast. In addition to his liberal views on some issues, he is Italian, Catholic, and has been married three times. So, his chances of actually winning the entire country in the general election, well, I guess it was always a long shot.

No comments: